Analyzing Risks and Trade-Offs to Prioritize Investments
National Nuclear Security Administration;
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers;
Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, DOD;
Office of Naval Research, DOD;
How can models of risk and potential impact inform S&T investment priorities? Key factors to be addressed include predictive modeling to determine how to optimize planning and investment, analyzing risks and impacts that may arise if decisions are delayed, and understanding decision trade-offs. The session will explore best practices and lessons learned for balancing factors in decision- making for R&D infrastructure resource planning.
National Nuclear Security Administration:
will discuss NNSA’s data-driven, risk-informed infrastructure planning process.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
will discuss examples of analysis tools to determine facility risks to inform budgeting, planning, and optimize management of resources.
Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, DOD:
will discuss the strategic use of big data, predictive modelling and visualizations in Air Force infrastructure investment decisions.
Office of Naval Research, DOD:
will discuss the shaping the Office of Naval Research’s science and technology portfolio using data and analytics as a retrospective on 1st year of operations.
- What are strategies to resource analytics capabilities and platforms in your organizations?
- What challenges arise and potential solutions to them to develop broad sweeping initiatives for risk-based prioritization in organizations?
- What are the benefits of these strategies?
- What are strategies and lessons learned to address culture change and change management?
- How do you quantify risks to mission? What are lessons learned in communicating risks to leadership?